TXUUJM LEGISLATIVE ACTION DAY
MARCH 20, 2019
8:30-9:00 am. Capitol Auditorium (E1.004)
Gathering, Fellowship & Music (NO FOOD OR DRINK ALLOWED IN THE ROOM. HOWEVER OUR ROOM IS DIRECTLY ACROSS FROM THE CAPITOL GRILL!)
9:00- 10:00 Organizing for the day
* Centering Words – Rev. Chuck Freeman
* Reviewing the schedule & plan for the day
* Discussing our issues and talking points
* Representative Donna Howard if available
* Break into geographic clusters.
10:00-11:15 – Legislative visit training/planning in clusters. We will provide a brief guide. Each team should appoint a lead spokesperson & note taker to record the legislative responses.
11:15 – 3:00 – Legislative visits & lunch on your own. The Capitol Grill has good food and many options.
3:00 – Singing and GROUP PHOTO in Capitol extension outside rotunda.
3:30 – 4:00 pm. Voluntary group debriefing meeting
TXUUJM Legislative Action Day Logistics
- WEAR YOUR YELLOW UU SHIRT & CONGREGATIONAL NAME TAG. WE AND YOUR LEGISLATORS WANT TO KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!
- Your Area Coordinators will make the legislative appointments. There is no need to contact them unless you have questions. We are doing this by area to increase our impact on the legislators. Here are your Area Coordinators:
San Antonio, Hill Country, and Gulf Coast – Mike Phillips &
Diane Duesterhoeft – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
DFW area – Rollin Gary, email@example.com
Austin area – Wendy Erisman, firstname.lastname@example.org
Houston area – Kenny Jones, email@example.com
- Maps of the Capitol buildings floor by floor HERE
- Enter via the North or West doors of the Capitol to avoid long lines. There is a bus drop off on the east side. We will have a greeter in the Rotunda to give you directions to our meeting room.
- Phone/text contacts – Chuck Freeman @ 512-791-0864, Wendy Erisman@ 512-461-5411, Mike Phillips @ 210-254-0745.
- Keep in mind that phone reception in the Capitol can be erratic.
- Dress: Business casual. Please wear a yellow “Standing on the Side of Love/Side With Love” t-shirt. This helps our group stand out and identify each other!
- Parking information HERE
- Alternate parking @ the Bob Bullock Museum HERE
- Tour of Capitol evening of March 19 – We are planning to meet at 7 p.m. at the front gate to the capitol—on 11th Street where Congress Avenue intersects it.
- Questions about the Capitol tour? Contact Karen Neeley – firstname.lastname@example.org